Friday, August 26, 2011

Episode 4: All about Nina

Sorry about the delay on getting this up this week. It's nearing Halloween time and I've been frantically making costumes to get up in my Etsy store. I always sell over half of my annual sales at Halloween time so I got to have a good inventory, so if you've checked my store at all check back later this weekend for a whole collection of fun costumes.

When you are working soo far away from Nina you have to improvise. So I asked one of my friends to be my Nina. Her name is Julie and she has a notoriously hard figure to dress. This presented one aspect of the challenge for me.  The other aspect is making it cool enough that she will be comfortable here in Hawaii. It has been especially hot and nasty this week so That seemed even more important.
So this is a little "suit" for her to wear! I really like it, the Jacket with it's tuxedo inspired collar and cute bangle would make a rocking look with a pair of Jeans or straightlegged pants too.

This weekend we are getting our daughters together for a play date so you can see her in it. I can't wait.  Oh and I suppose I should mention that once again my family budget ruled the fabric shopping. So I used some fabric I had on hand. The main part of the outfit is made from a King Sized sheet and the cami is a really pretty embossed knit.  Total for the outfit I spent $1 on the really cool bangle on clearance at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment